Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prague, Sweet Prague

Not quite home, but close. Seven days close to be exact.
Well, after a 6 hour plane delay, we finally got to go back to Prague, and barely made the last bus home, so that we did not have to pay for a taxi. If I would have needed a taxi, I would tell the driver to send the bill to WizzAir, for even making me have to take one. Luckily, I did not have to and it all sort of worked out.
I have a final tomorrow, which I have not studied for since I left my notes in Prague, and got back home at midnight, and not a 6pm. As the great Bill O'Reilly once said, "I'LL DO IT LIVE!!!" If you have not seen that youtube video, then you probably have no idea what I am talking about and really need to look it up, especially if you need a laugh.
I am not too worried, because I have 3 chances to take the final, so hopefully at some point I will pass the class! I also have about 900 photos to go through from Italy. I guess that is what happens when you go to 5 major towns in Italy, so thanks again for sending this camera dad! I really needed it! Besides all of this, I need to start doing Laundry and packing! I am not looking forward to packing, because I am pretty sure I will not have enough room for everything, but I will try like heck to fit it all in there!
Oh, and I have so many TV shows to catch up on! Survivor and the finale, plus my other awesome shows I watch, which I will not name here because if I list them all you will think I am a cray person. Right now they are all loading and hopefully I will be able to watch them tomorrow!
Oh, today I also went into St. Peter's Basilica and saw as much of the Vatican Museum as I could. This included the Sistine Chapel (kind of a let down), the Egyptian Museum that had a 2800 year old mummy, and the rooms Raphael painted! I also saw all of the poor statues that had their penises whacked off, or had ugly leaves plastered over them, since one of the Pope's thought that they would prove lustful for people to look at them. It was pretty interesting to see though, because there was basically a 400m hallway with just statue's depenised. I am pretty sure I made that word up, but I'll go with it.
Oh, and I saw the tomb of St. Peter, the first Pope of the catholic church. All in all, in this whole trip I met a ton of interesting people, saw many AMAZING things, took way too many pictures, and created memories that will last forever. All in all I would say it is a win-win. Italy was defiantly my second or favorite country to be in, and one of the best trips I have ever been on. I really hope I get to go back one day.
OH and travel tip: If you ever go to Rome, buy the Roma Pass. It is 25 euro and gets you subway usage for 3 days, plus entrance into 2 places for free, plus you get to skip the line at the Colesseum, PLUS you get a punch of discounts. We got to go to 3 places for free, because at Palatine Hill, they were lazy and just let us walk in without scanning it, which made it an even better deal! We saved 3+ hours at the Colosseum, since we did not have to wait in line, plus another hour at Palatine Hill!
Oh, and go to the Colosseum at some point in your life, as well as Palatine Hill. You just might regret it if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment