Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When in Rome...

I always wanted to say that in Rome, because I always figured it would make the saying more awesome, and it does!
Since I last wrote, I was in Venice, and have now been to Pisa, and Florence, and Rome as well! This has been such a whirlwind week! I have to keep reminding myself that it is Tuesday already and I only have a day and a half here in Italy left! WEIRD!
So much has happened, I literally have no idea where to begin. I think I will just go out of order and write down whatever comes to me, but I am defiantly not going to be able to write out everything that has happened.
Here's the Cliff Notes:
I have now been here for 101 days! I cannot believe I have not been home in so long. It will good to finally be back. I really miss it.
I got to have the photoshoot I have been dreaming of since I was a kid, pushing over the Leaning Tower of Pisa! It may seem lame, but I got to do something I have always wanted and I think that is pretty awesome. I also saw Michanglo's David statue in Florence. In Venice I saw gondellas.
Now, I am in Rome and I do not really think it has clicked that I am here yet! I saw the Colosseum and the Circus Maximus and Palentine Hill and the Fountain of Tivoli and the Pantheon. It has been a crazy, crazy day. Tomorrow I am going to see the Pope!! He goes out into St Peter's Square every Wednesday and we will be there then! Therefore, we get to see him! YAY!!!! Then we are going to the Museum and seeing the Basilica, which will basically take all day.
I really cannot believe I am here though, it is crazy thinking I have actually been doing all these things, I will look back at my pictures in Prague and say, "Wow, that really wasn't a dream? Weird..." I also am in the single digits as to when I leave Europe. 9 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment