Monday, February 8, 2010

Playing the Waiting Game

So today I had a lot of time to answer emails and talk to people, because I stood in line at a DMV like place for 2 hours! I had to wait to get my new student ID card and my bus pass so I can ride the bus, tram, and subway whenever! We finally got our number called though. They had a very odd number system they used that made no sense, though. They would call 118, 119, 121, 66, 85, etc. Of course our number was 120 and they skipped right over us. After our number did get called it was like in and out in 10-15 minutes. So aggravating!
Before this we went to a huge meeting hall where I found out we are playing a Czech game scavenger hunt on Wednesday and then Thursday-Sunday going on trips all around Czech. I plan on going to a beer tasting place, then a medieval castle tour, and then on Sunday to a wine tasting place, where they have a huge burial chamber made out of skulls and bones! I guess it's the biggest place in the world with walls made out of bone. Should be interesting...
After we went to a Club and had dinner then partied it up. They gave us free booze and everything. It was pretty nice. I also found out beer is cheaper than water is here... so I know what fluids I'll be spending more money on! I need to get more bank for my buck (or koruna in Czech) it's only logical!
I finally met my new roommate too! She is from Poland and knows a friend who owns a castle in Poland!!! I know where I'm staying when I go to Warsaw! :) I met her at the club, because she recognized me from all my pictures in our room! It's very odd hearing all the different terms people use for different things. Mainly people from Britain.
So this is probably long enough. I think I'll put up so photos now!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see where you're living. I need those images in my head. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete